I become allergic to the stove during the summer when it’s hot. So, this is one of my favorite recipes that are easy, healthy, cold, and delicious, and requires no cooking. You can use any kind of veggies, tomatoes, vinegar, and herbs. Be creative and make it your own and stay cool.
- ½ English or any kind of cucumber, preferably organic, peeled. (Seeding is optional)
- ½ large red or a variety of bell peppers, stemmed, seeded
- 2 pounds very ripe red tomatoes, preferably heirloom, chopped
- ½ large shallot or red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons (or more) sherry or red wine vinegar
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Optional Toppings: Chopped cucumbers, avocados, chives, cilantro, green onions.
- Serve with toasted bread, cracker, or chips of your choice or eat as it is.
- Chop cucumbers, bell peppers, & tomatoes. Place them in a bowl and toss with oil, shallot/onions, garlic, vinegar, and salt and pepper. You can set it aside for 30 minutes in the refrigerator or use it right away.
- Place the mixture into a blender and mix on high until well incorporated.
- You can serve as is or strain through a sieve for a finer texture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or serve room temperature.
- Drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gazpacho can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.