Quinoa Mexican Bowl
So Good! So Easy! So Healthy!
I just made a giant batch of this to last a month because it’s so easy, fast, healthy, and absolutely delicious that everybody loves, and it freezes well for many stress free meals.
This is a one pot dish using ingredients you probably already have and it’s also easy clean up. You can make the quinoa in a rice cooker to make life even easier.
Use whatever veggies you have and mix it up.
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 small red or white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup organic quinoa (white or multi colored)
- 1 cup vegetable or mushroom broth or water
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup organic corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Organic tortillas (optional)
- Over medium heat, place a large pot with olive oil. Saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno (if using) until translucent.
- Add the broth or water, quinoa, beans, corn, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin, salt and pepper. Give it a taste and adjust to your liking.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer until the quinoa is cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Serve in a bowl with avocados, lime juice, cilantro and a side of tortillas (if desired). Enjoy!