Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Here’s an easy, healthy, and delicious dish for meatless Monday or taco Tuesday using cauliflower.
You can do just about anything with cauliflowers. It’s nutritious, low cal, affordable, and you can make it into a steak or rice or tacos.It requires just one sheet pan and the oven does all the work.
You can also take shortcuts and use store bought organic cauliflower florets, and/or salsa and make life easy, yet healthy on crazy and busy weeknights. So don’t sweat and eat away!
Health Benefits of Cauliflowers
Cauliflower is another super food that has almost every kind of vitamins.
It is high in fiber, full of antioxidants, and low cal. It also fights cancer and heart disease, and detoxifies the body. In addition, it’s anti inflammatory, immune boosting, and so much more. So this is an incredible vegetable that is also diverse and can be made into anything, including eating it raw as snacks.
- 1 large organic cauliflower or 1 bag of organic cauliflower florets
- Half of read or white onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin or more to taste
- 1/4 smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh organic cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Organic salsa (store bought) or homemade
- Shredded organic lettuce or red cabbage
- Hot sauce of your choice (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a sheet pan, add the cauliflower, onions, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and toss until well incorporated.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is golden.
Warm the tortillas in a dry pan or in a microwave.
Top each tortilla with cauliflower mixture, shredded cabbage or lettuce, avocados, salsa, and hot sauce, and lime wedges if using, and enjoy!